Motor vehicle accidents/car accidents are the leading cause of brain and spinal cord injury in the United States , accounting for approximately 60% of traumatic brain injuries.
Auto Accident Quick Facts:
- Auto Accident – There are approximately 12 million automobile accidents every year according to the National Safety Counsel (NSA).
- Transportation Accident – There are over 3 million injuries a year from transportation accidents and around 40,000 fatalities.
- Auto Accident – There were about 2.9 million injuries and 42,815 people were killed in auto accidents in 2002. That equates to over 115 fatalities per day.
- Auto Accident – The economic cost of these accidents is estimated to be over $150 billion per year.
- Auto Accident – D uring your lifetime you are likely to be involved in at least one auto accident.
- Auto Accident – You should know what to do in order to protect yourself and your legal rights.
Automobile accidents occur on a large scale every day. The impact a car accident can have on someone can be tremendous. Even in simple fender bender car accidents an individual involved can suffer back and neck injuries that have a lasting adverse effect. It is advised to contact both a car accident attorney and a physician following a car accident. Injuries sustained from a car accident, no matter how minor, can later end up causing aggravated pain and medical costs.
With auto accident statistics on the rise, and the nature of accident-related injuries growing more serious, car accidents are often the subject of personal injury lawsuits and litigation. Most of these accidents are caused by simple driver error, often attributed to a lack of attention being paid to the road, traffic and surrounding conditions!