About 26 infants die from crib injuries every year in the United States .
If you believe you have a valid child wrongful death claim, you should first consult one of the experienced wrongful death lawyers in New Jersey . A wrongful death attorney can help you gather evidence, understand the law, complete necessary paperwork, and build a convincing lawsuit. Hiring an attorney can also help alleviate some of the stress you may be experiencing.
Child Accident – Wrongful Death Lawsuit
In order to bring a successful wrongful death cause of action, the following elements must be present:
- The death of a human being
- Caused by another’s negligence
- The survival of family members who are suffering monetary injury as a result of the death
- The appointment of a personal representative for the decedent’s estate
A wrongful death claim may arise out of a number of circumstances, such as in the following situations:
- Medical malpractice that results in decedent’s death
- Automobile or airplane accident
- Occupational exposure to hazardous conditions or substances
- Death during a supervised activity