Lawyers advise clients with respect to estate planning opportunities as they apply within the context of the particular family situation. The drafting projects are typically quite sophisticated due to the complexity of the estates of many clients, and include preparation of Wills, establishment of various trusts, formation of family limited partnerships and limited liability companies, execution of powers of attorney and anticipation of long-term health decisions using advance health care directives.
Will, Trusts and Estate practices include the following general areas:
- Estate planning and drafting wills, trusts and other estate documents
- Estate planning with closely held businesses and significant investment assets
- Administration of estates and trusts
- Representation of charitable, non-profit and other tax-exempt entities
- Representation in tax controversies
- Representation in will contests and other related court disputes